- To promote, establish and nurture support groups throughout the country.
- To promote awareness throughout the community of the need for support for men going through the trauma of divorce, separation or relationship breakdown.
- To bring about connectedness amongst single dads to show them they are not alone and that there is life after divorce or separation.
- To raise the awareness of male suicide particularly relating to divorce or separation.
- To establish and promote a DIDs Referral and Drop-in Centre in Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia.
- To establish and promote a DIDs retreat in each state, so that, Australia - wide men needing help and guidance can obtain it.
- Offer and encourage ongoing support to our members in the form of relevant courses, counselling, legal and medical advice.
- Participate in established networks providing valuable feedback to government through systemic advocacy.
- To encourage other organisations to investigate and develop programs, particularly relating to separation grief.