What to do if recently separated
1. Contact DIDs on 1300 853 437 to get linked into local supports and resources
2. Keep a diary. Jot down advice, contacts, decisions, questions, issues, conversations
3. Stay calm. Emotions can lead you to make rash decisions. Keep a clear head to plan ahead
4. Meet your obligations. Do what you can to maintain your routine and get bills paid on time
5. Look after yourself. Your kids need you to eat right, sleep well, exercise, talk and stay positive
6. Make the most of any contact. It may not be much at first however your kids will love it regardless
7. Work towards a working relationship. Be patient and do whatever you can to get on with your children's mum, for their sake
Dads in Distress is a non-political orgnisation that will facilitate visits by any Member of Parliament or Senator to see first hand what their constituents are experiencing.
DID's acknowledges the funding provided by the Australian Government to deliver our services.